The Mathetes Trust is a registered UK charity which exists to encourage Christian discipleship in the local church, both in the UK and in Africa through our longstanding Rooted in Jesus programme.
We are reliant on donations from individuals and churches to fund our work, particularly in Africa where the hunger for discipleship is huge but financial resources are very low.
Rooted in Jesus
Rooted in Jesus provides ordinary African churches with a practical and interactive programme for small groups. Translated into 45 languages and now in use in 16 countries, RinJ has helped churches across Africa to build strong fellowships of confident Christians who can teach others. Uniquely designed for an African context, it is introduced through a residential training conference and supported by a local coordinator. We hear story after story of transformed lives and changed communities.
Read our latest annual report here
Watch a video here
Read testimonies from those whose lives have been changed here
Find out more about the different ways you can support Rooted in Jesus here
Making disciples in the UK
Within the UK we provide training and teams for local missions; support for church leaders through our EQUIP programme; and resource materials to support the ministry of the local church. We travel light – but we need your help if we are to work in the places that most need us.
Check out our news here
How you can help
If you would like to support us financially you can do so in the following ways:
1. Make a donation online by using the button below – either a one-off or as a regular contribution. If you are a taxpayer Gift Aid will be automatically added to your donation.
2. Set up a regular payment to us by Standing Order. You can do this either online or by filling in a Standing Order form and taking it to your bank. Our bank details are on the form, which includes a Gift Aid option which enables us to reclaim an extra 25% from the Inland Revenue. If you set up a standing order online and you are a taxpayer please do send us a completed Gift Aid form.
3. Make a donation by bank transfer to The Mathetes Trust, Lloyds Bank Account no 22000660, sort code 30-99-08.
4. Send us a cheque. If you are a tax payer please fill out the Gift Aid form which you will find HERE, and send it to us with your cheque. We will do the rest.
5. Support us through Amazon. If you buy from Amazon, you can nominate a charity to receive a small donation from Amazon each time you make a purchase, at no extra cost to yourself. All you need to do is shop via https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ instead of via http://amazon.co.uk/, and choose your charity (just once). They do the rest!
Everything we do is underpinned by prayer. We publish a regular prayer diary, and we have a team of people who support our missions in prayer. If you would like to join this team please let us know.